Migrating to release 2.5
In DITA-OT 2.5, several frequently-overridden legacy style settings were removed from the default PDF plug-in. A separate plug-in can be used to restore the original settings.
Deprecated logging parameters
args.logdir properties have been deprecated and will be
removed in an upcoming version of DITA-OT.
To enable debug logging, use dita --debug.Attention: Debug logging requires additional resources and can slow down the build process, so it should only be enabled when further details are required to diagnose problems.
To write the log to a file, use dita --logfile=file or ant -l file and specify the path to the log file.
Unless an absolute path is specified, the value will be interpreted relative to the current directory.
Default PDF style improvements
Several legacy styles have been modified or removed in the default PDF plug-in
including the following:
- In task topics with only a single step, the step is now rendered as a simple block (rather than as a list item without a label).
- Table containers now inherit the initial indentation (
start-indent) from the parent elements.
- Borders and indentation have been removed from
- Links are no longer italicized.
- Titles for related link lists have been standardized to use the
common.titleattribute set (which applies the
sans-seriffont-family) and bold font weight.
- Several remaining occurrences of left/right borders, margins, padding, and text alignment now use the corresponding start/end equivalents to better support right-to-left languages.
External plug-in for legacy PDF styling
If you have a custom PDF plug-in that explicitly depends on the previous default settings for the
aforementioned styles, the
org.dita.pdf2.legacy plug-in can be used to restore the pre–2.5
|Plug-in||Source code location|
To install the legacy PDF plug-in, run the following command: