DITA Open Toolkit 3.7
DITA Open Toolkit, or DITA-OT for short, is a set of Java-based, open-source tools that provide processing for content authored in the Darwin Information Typing Architecture.
The DITA Open Toolkit documentation provides information about installing, running, configuring and extending the toolkit.
- See the DITA Open Toolkit 3.7 Release Notes for information on the changes in the current release.
- Installing DITA Open Toolkit shows how to install the toolkit and run a build to verify the installation.
- Building output explains the methods that can be used to transform DITA content to other formats, including the dita command, Ant, and the Java API, along with information on publishing DITA content from a containerized environment.
- Authoring formats provides information on supported input formats, including standard DITA XML, Markdown and the Lightweight DITA formats (XDITA, MDITA and HDITA).
- Output formats describes the core transformations that convert DITA to other formats.
- DITA Open Toolkit parameters explains how to adjust the behavior of DITA Open Toolkit via dita command arguments and options, DITA-OT parameter settings, and configuration properties.
- Customizing HTML output shows how to modify the look and feel of your HTML output by changing parameter settings to include custom CSS, headers and footers, or table-of-contents navigation in topics.
- Customizing PDF output explains how to adjust various aspects of PDF output by changing parameter settings.
- Adding and removing plug-ins explains how to install, remove and discover new plug-ins.
- Creating custom plug-ins provides information on extending DITA-OT with plug-ins of your own.
- Error messages and troubleshooting contains information about resolving problems that you might encounter.
- Reference topics provide additional information about the DITA Open Toolkit Architecture, DITA specification support, a Glossary and other DITA and DITA-OT resources.