Maintenance Release 3.0.1
DITA Open Toolkit Release 3.0.1 includes the following bug fixes.
- Microsoft Compiled HTML Help requires a Windows codepage rather than UTF-8, so many characters are converted to HTML entities to ensure they are preserved during the codepage conversion. In earlier versions of DITA-OT, these entities were not rendered correctly in index terms or in topic titles on the Contents tab of the .chm file. This is now fixed; characters that exist in the target codepage are not converted to entities, so they will appear properly in the compiled help file. #1151, #1271, #2852
- When unordered lists nest greater than 4 levels, PDF processing generates a warning about a
missing variable, and deeply nested lists use text such as
Unordered List bullet 5instead of a bullet character. Characters for levels 1 through 4 now repeat in deeply nested lists. #2824, #2853
- Map-first processing in 3.0 uses generated file names in the temp directory for HTML Help, but this breaks any existing context-sensitive help projects that call topics directly by file name rather than by aliased constants (topic IDs) or help context numbers. Topics in the compiled help file are now restored to their original names to support external applications that to link to topics within a CHM by file name. #2830
- Simplified common variable definitions in 3.0 could not be overridden using the traditional customization approach; the override process now checks for common variables to ensure those in the configuration directory are used. #2833, #2838
- Generating Markdown output with DITA-OT 3.0 failed with references to a missing stylesheet. The Lightweight DITA plug-in has been updated to the latest version (2.0.1), which corrects the plug-in directory path in the stylesheet reference, so Markdown output is now generated as expected. #2836, #2846
- In 3.0, HTML Help project files would not compile to CHM files because a property definition was not properly initialized. This has been fixed and CHM files are generated using the original map name. #2851
- In 3.0, the args.output.base property to name output files does not work properly for HTML Help. The property is now used to produce a CHM file with the correct name and contents. #2854
- In 3.0, content references to warehouse topics that contain unresolved cross-references would cause PDF builds to fail, even if the invalid reference was not explicitly included in the content reference. DITA-OT now checks to make sure such files exist and only parses them if available. #2856
For the complete list of changes since the previous release, see the changelog on GitHub.