Help us improve — If you have a moment, please answer a few questions to help us understand how you use this site. Take the survey
DITA Open Toolkit 3.1
The DITA Open Toolkit, or DITA-OT for short, is a set of Java-based, open-source tools that provide processing for content authored in the Darwin Information Typing Architecture.
The DITA Open Toolkit documentation provides information about installing, running, configuring and extending the toolkit.
- See the DITA Open Toolkit 3.1.1 Release Notes for information on the changes in the current release.
- Installing the DITA Open Toolkit shows how to install the toolkit and run a build to verify the installation.
- Alternative authoring formats introduces the new input formats supported in DITA-OT 3.0.
- Building output provides information about transforming content, and the available output formats.
- Setting DITA Open Toolkit parameters explains how to adjust the behavior of the DITA Open Toolkit via dita command arguments and options, DITA-OT parameter settings, and configuration properties.
- Customizing the DITA Open Toolkit provides more advanced information on extending the DITA-OT. Customizing HTML output and Customizing PDF output describe some of the most common customization scenarios. More advanced solutions are described in Customizing DITA-OT with plug-ins.
- The Error messages and troubleshooting section contains information about resolving problems that you might encounter.
- Reference topics provide additional information about the DITA-OT architecture, API and specification support, and other DITA and DITA-OT resources.