Migrating to release 2.5
In DITA-OT 2.5, several frequently-overridden legacy style settings were removed from the default PDF plug-in. A separate plug-in can be used to restore the original settings.
Default PDF style improvements
Several legacy styles have been modified or removed in the default PDF plug-in
including the following:
- In task topics with only a single step, the step is now rendered as a simple block (rather than as a list item without a label).
- Table containers now inherit the initial indentation (
start-indent) from the parent elements.
- Borders and indentation have been removed from
- Links are no longer italicized.
- Titles for related link lists have been standardized to use the
common.titleattribute set (which applies the
sans-seriffont-family) and bold font weight.
- Several remaining occurrences of left/right borders, margins, padding, and text alignment now use the corresponding start/end equivalents to better support right-to-left languages.
External plug-in for legacy PDF styling
If you have a custom PDF plug-in that explicitly depends on the previous default settings for the
aforementioned styles, the
org.dita.pdf2.legacy plug-in can be used to restore the pre–2.5
|Plug-in||Source code location|
To install the legacy PDF plug-in, run the following command:
dita --install https://github.com/dita-ot/org.dita.pdf2.legacy/archive/2.5.zip