Building output using the dita command
You can invoke DITA-OT and build output using the dita command.
The DITA-OT client is a command-line tool, there is no graphic user interface. Open a terminal window by
typing the following in the search bar:
- On OS X and Linux, type Terminal.
- On Windows, type Command Prompt.
From the terminal window, issue the following command:
install-dir/bin/dita -f transformation-type -i input-file -o output-dir
If processing is successful, nothing is printed in the terminal window.
- install-dir is the DITA-OT installation directory path.
- transformation-type is the transformation type.
- input-file is the DITA map or DITA file path that you want to process.
- output-dir is the output directory path for generated output.
If you have added the absolute path for the install-dir/bin directory to the PATH system variable as recommended in the previous topic, the following command generates HTML5 output for the sequence.ditamap file and writes the output to the test directory:
dita -f html5 -i samples/sequence.ditamap -o test
If the dita command is not on your PATH, use the following command:
install-dir/bin/dita -f html5 -i samples/sequence.ditamap -o test