Pull content into maps (mappull)
The mappull step pulls content from referenced topics into maps, and then cascades data within maps. This step is implemented in XSLT.
- Titles are pulled from referenced DITA topics. Unless the @locktitle attribute is set to "yes", the pulled titles replace the navigation titles specified on the <topicref> elements.
- The <linktext> element is set based on the title of the referenced topic, unless it is already specified locally.
- The <shortdesc> element is set based on the short description of the referenced topic, unless it is already specified locally.
- The @type attribute is set on <topicref> elements that reference local DITA topics. The value of the @type attribute is set to value of the root element of the topic; for example, a <topicref> element that references a task topic is given a @type attribute set to "task"".
- Attributes that cascade, such as @toc and print, are made explicit on any child <topicref >elements. This allows future steps to work with the attributes directly, without reevaluating the cascading behavior.