Eclipse help processing
The eclipsehelp transformation generates XHTML-based output and files that are needing to create an Eclipse Help system plug-in. Once the normal XHTML process has run, the dita.map.eclipse target is used to create a set of control files and navigation files.
- Sets up various default properties
- Creates the XML file that defines an Eclipse table of contents
- Creates the sorted XML file that defines an Eclipse index
- Creates the plugin.xml file that controls the behavior of an Eclipse plug-in
- Creates a Java properties file that sets properties for the plug-in, such as name and version information
- Creates a MANIFEST.MF file that contains additional information used by Eclipse
- Checks for the presence of certain control files in the source directory, and copies those found to the output directory
- Works in conjunction with the dita.map.eclipse.fragment.language.country.init and dita.map.eclipse.fragment.error targets to control Eclipse fragment files, which are used for versions of a plug-in created for a new language or locale
Several of the targets listed above have matching templates for processing content that is located outside of the scope of the map directory, such as dita.out.map.eclipse.toc.