Help us improve — If you have a moment, please answer a few questions to help us understand how you use this site. Take the survey
Globalization support offered by the DITA-OT
The DITA Open Toolkit (DITA-OT) offers globalization support in the following areas: Generated text, index sorting, and bi-directional text.
- Generated text
- Generated text is text that is rendered automatically in the output that
is generated by the DITA-OT; this text is not located in the DITA source files. The
following are examples of generated text:
- The word "Chapter" in a PDF file.
- The phrases "Related concepts," "Related tasks," and "Related reference" in XHTML output.
- Index sorting
- The DITA-OT can use only a single language to sort indexes.
- Bi-directional text
- The DITA-OT contains style sheets (CSS files) that support both left-to-right (LTR) and right-to-left (RTL) languages.