Building output using the dita command
You can invoke DITA-OT and build output using the dita command.
DITA-OT client is a command-line tool, there is no graphic user interface. Open a terminal window by typing the following in search bar:
- On OS X and Linux type Terminal.
- On Windows type Command Prompt
From the terminal window, issue the following command:
install-dir/bin/dita -f transformation-type -i input-file -o output-dir
If processing is successful, nothing is printed on the terminal window.
- install-dir is the DITA-OT installation directory path.
- transformation-type is the transformation type.
- input-file is the DITA map or DITA file path that you want to process.
- output-dir is the output directory path for generated output.
The following command generates HTML5 output for the sequence.ditamap file and specifies the output is written to the test directory
dita -f html5 -i samples/sequence.ditamap -o test